cubed05
0 9
3 24
cubed05
   "The Mustached Marauder"
Posted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 6:37 am
All level editors come with bugs (N's level editor has quiet a few). But for the most part, these bugs are normally found on purpose.

After seeing the amazing levels people made in N using bugs, I wanted to see if you could do something like that with Eets.

So, first I tried messing around with a glitchy thing that grub found (Link) where you use an upside-down delivery cart to shoot Eets through a thin platform. (Replay Here.)

Later, when I was just messing around in the editor, I found that turning a large platform next to Eets will let you place him inside it (I haven't tested items yet).

And I made a level that messes with that bug (attached).

So if you feel like messing around in the editor, please post your findings in this thread. Who knows what kind of amazing levels you could make playing with the quirks of the editor.

Turning Bug Test #0235.eet
 Description:
Comment.
Attached Image
Download
 Filename:  Turning Bug Test #0235.eet
 Filesize:  2.59 KB
 Downloaded:  666 Time(s)

molkmizzle
9 50
2 162
molkmizzle
   "Pants Pirate"
Posted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 1:43 pm
Haha, I never noticed that.

BigFoot
47 129
9 396
BigFoot
   "Professional Eets Player"
Posted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 2:23 pm
Nice one, cubed05! I like your step by step instructions Smile

While I really don't mind fans building crazy puzzles (in fact, I love it!) I want to let you guys know the rationale for this "bug / feature", or whatever you want to call it Wink

When we built the Puzzle Maker, our #1 focus was to make it as easy as possible for fans to build great puzzles, very quickly and intuitively. All of our decisions revolved around that, to some extent. So for example, in this case, we could have made it so if you rotated a platform and it collided with something, it would turn red and go back, just like rotating a cart into a platform.

But some of our platforms are huge! If we did that, it would make it very hard for people to place large platforms on the play area and rotate them, so we decided to give more freedom to the players, and allow rotating of platforms to collide with anything.

See? We really do care Smile

Now go make crazy puzzles to bamboozle us all! Very Happy

cubed05
0 9
3 24
cubed05
   "The Mustached Marauder"
Posted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 3:16 pm
Mmm, I'm glad you let platforms go through object. I can imagine it becoming very annoying to have to move everything around just to adjust some platforms.

For all those who have (or recently got) N, here's a level that uses quirks that weren't normally meant to be able to happen.
http://numa.notdot.net/map/12084
(It's a DDA (Don't Do Anything)) Just so you can see what I'm getting at.

Great job with the screenshot grabber! It helps a ton!

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: