Warning: substr() expects parameter 3 to be long, string given in /home/jcheng/community.eetsgame.com/new_posts.php on line 32

Warning: substr() expects parameter 3 to be long, string given in /home/jcheng/community.eetsgame.com/new_posts.php on line 32

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/jcheng/community.eetsgame.com/new_posts.php:32) in /home/jcheng/community.eetsgame.com/includes/page_header.php on line 479

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/jcheng/community.eetsgame.com/new_posts.php:32) in /home/jcheng/community.eetsgame.com/includes/page_header.php on line 481

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/jcheng/community.eetsgame.com/new_posts.php:32) in /home/jcheng/community.eetsgame.com/includes/page_header.php on line 482

Warning: include_once(../eetsgame.com/news/wp-content/themes/eets-news/eets_weekly_link.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/jcheng/community.eetsgame.com/site_links.php on line 11

Warning: include_once(): Failed opening '../eetsgame.com/news/wp-content/themes/eets-news/eets_weekly_link.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php:/usr/local/php5/lib/pear') in /home/jcheng/community.eetsgame.com/site_links.php on line 11
Eets Community :: View topic - Land 2

Should there be a second land?
Yes
62%
 62%  [ 5 ]
Maybe...
25%
 25%  [ 2 ]
No
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Its for Klei to decide, not us
12%
 12%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 8
Please log in or sign up to cast a vote.

LFF
3 4
3 11
LFF
   "How much buds could a budchuck chuck chuck if a budchuck could chuck buds?"
Posted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 2:13 am
When you have finished Eets, it gets a bit boring making puzzles all the time, and playing other peoples puzzles.

So I though, how about a Second land?
Basically, it is like the first, only with a few new objects and places, and a new goal: To get/Eat all the Golden buds in the level.

This would also give new chances for the level editor, like in the Options you can choose whether you have to get the puzzle piece, eat/get the golden buds, or both.

You could introduce different places then, like instead of the forest place, it could be a crypt or something, giving more pieces for the level editor, etc. Maybe you could even have one in the sky, where you walk on clouds?!

So vote whether you think this is a good idea.

Lillarion
49 750
201 845
Lillarion
   "Puzzle Optimiser"
Posted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 3:23 am
I really like the idea of having to go to places in a certain order. I think that has great puzzle potential, but I would rather have it as some diferent kind of puzzle pieces, because then they can be placed anywhere, and they can be tagged by a flying Eets. I have already sugested this, so I hold my thumbs (do you say that in English).

More items for the editor is always good. Some sugestions would be

Null gravity switch: Activated/deactivated by touch, and makes gravity go away. Eets will not walk, but just curl into a ball. Everything traveling in the air will continue in the direction of travel, and bounce elastically on walls (Like Eets, buds etc.)

Floating exploding mallows: Exploding mallows you just lock into place, which can be hanging in the air.

I also want to be able to "mold" platforms together by making the intersection between two platforms smooth and curvy, so that Eets doesn't jump just because you have added two platforms together as good as you can.

Lillarion
49 750
201 845
Lillarion
   "Puzzle Optimiser"
Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 1:43 am
Oh, and I think it would be cool if you could unlock floating platforms and grapes and stuff like that.

CheesyRamen
19 108
5 277
CheesyRamen
   "Eets Puzzle Bamboozler"
Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:33 am
One of the big things about Eets and us in general is that the community helps to make Eets. We always listen to your feedback and will even add them into Eets (think saving replays). So thanks for the suggestions guys! Keep 'em coming! Happy Marsh Bud

BigFoot
47 129
9 396
BigFoot
   "Professional Eets Player"
Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:55 pm
I'm definitely liking these suggestions.

Did you know that much of Eets is written in Lua script? We've totally been swamped with tasks so I haven't been able to work on this, but my plan has been to release our scripting documentation and help fans mod Eets.

In fact, if you know what to do, and can do some programming, it's possible to create your own items!

In order for all of this to work, though, I think we'd have to have a mod forum, so that people can try out their own creations, and have other people download them. It gets tricky, though, since fans would need to download the new items before they can play new levels created with them (obviously).

Hmmmm... would anyone be interested in playing around with this?

LFF
3 4
3 11
LFF
   "How much buds could a budchuck chuck chuck if a budchuck could chuck buds?"
Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:28 am
Well, for a start, im cant even program Kids Programming Language =S

But mods would be nice, there are plenty for Blockland, and they all go down a storm!

But when I was starting this topic, I was thinking more an Update for Eets with more levels.

requiemwolf
16 24
4 37
requiemwolf
   "I pwn noobs"
Posted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 7:24 pm
easier said than done but I like the idea. Like when games have easy and normal mode then you unlock hard mode by beating it. Also, they could remove the hints completely from the second world.

If there's going to be an update I would REALLY love to see an online interface linked directly to the site! So you can browse around and download everything from in-game. Maybe some live chat! That would be a great step forward. Now that you guys got the game on Steam you can do some major editing and eventually grab a bunch of extra customers with an update via steam news!

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: