Warning: substr() expects parameter 3 to be long, string given in /home/jcheng/community.eetsgame.com/new_posts.php on line 32

Warning: substr() expects parameter 3 to be long, string given in /home/jcheng/community.eetsgame.com/new_posts.php on line 32

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/jcheng/community.eetsgame.com/new_posts.php:32) in /home/jcheng/community.eetsgame.com/includes/page_header.php on line 479

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/jcheng/community.eetsgame.com/new_posts.php:32) in /home/jcheng/community.eetsgame.com/includes/page_header.php on line 481

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/jcheng/community.eetsgame.com/new_posts.php:32) in /home/jcheng/community.eetsgame.com/includes/page_header.php on line 482

Warning: include_once(../eetsgame.com/news/wp-content/themes/eets-news/eets_weekly_link.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/jcheng/community.eetsgame.com/site_links.php on line 11

Warning: include_once(): Failed opening '../eetsgame.com/news/wp-content/themes/eets-news/eets_weekly_link.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php:/usr/local/php5/lib/pear') in /home/jcheng/community.eetsgame.com/site_links.php on line 11
Eets Community :: View topic - The new Level Creation forums

schmoosch
schmoosch
   "Too shy to register . . ."
Posted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 6:30 pm
Just my two cents but i can see that the seperation of the Level Creation forums into Beginner General and Insane might only serve to seperate the community.

I feel that keeping them all in one place (at least until the community is established and has hundreds of active members) will be better for community spirit.

The ",Not Really Levels Creation", is a fun idea. The other forums i feel should be put in one place for now.

Maybe it would help if the section had a set of Rules stickied at the top to help people out and a rule could be that when posting a Level you have to try and specify Beginner Intermediate Advanced or Insane at the start of the subject title.

Well that was my two cents. Input from other users would be nice. Smile

miracle monkey
7 35
17 204
miracle monkey
   "I don't have any answers. I just ask questions."
Posted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:08 pm
I tend to like more organization so I'm in favor of the other forums. I can see lots of people who want to try making levels be put off from trying because they feel stupid around people who are making insane levels. Until there /are/ hundreds of active people in the forums I doubt it will make much of a difference everyone who is interested in looking at new levels and helping people out will still check all the posts. Once there are so many people the infrastructure will already be in place.
That being said part of the reason the forum got split was cause I bugged Bigfoot about it. Schmoosh and Lillarion are definitely trying to make some tricky levels and it just seemed reasonable to separate those sorts of threads from ones involving more basic questions about the level editor in general.

Lillarion
49 750
201 845
Lillarion
   "Puzzle Optimiser"
Posted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:57 pm
Well... actually it's a bit hard to know how hard a new level will be. Personally I think that the hardest new levels tends to come from BigFoot and CheesyRamen Smile But why call it level creation for beginners? I would say that it's an art form to do easy but funny levels.

CheesyRamen
19 108
5 277
CheesyRamen
   "Eets Puzzle Bamboozler"
Posted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 8:40 am
I definitely agree that people should know how hard the levels they're downloading are.

I'm currently working on a system where people can rate how difficult a level is... what does everyone think about this?

Oh and I've kinda renamed the Puzzle Creation for Beginners forum while I was at it. Wink

miracle monkey
7 35
17 204
miracle monkey
   "I don't have any answers. I just ask questions."
Posted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:22 am
Perhaps the choice of categories was not the best and instead should be based on the skill level of the person creating the levels rather than the difficulty of the levels themselves.

Lillarion
49 750
201 845
Lillarion
   "Puzzle Optimiser"
Posted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:26 am
Oops! In that case I probably shouldn't have placed a level in the insane section...

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: