Warning: substr() expects parameter 3 to be long, string given in /home/jcheng/community.eetsgame.com/new_posts.php on line 32

Warning: substr() expects parameter 3 to be long, string given in /home/jcheng/community.eetsgame.com/new_posts.php on line 32

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/jcheng/community.eetsgame.com/new_posts.php:32) in /home/jcheng/community.eetsgame.com/includes/page_header.php on line 479

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/jcheng/community.eetsgame.com/new_posts.php:32) in /home/jcheng/community.eetsgame.com/includes/page_header.php on line 481

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/jcheng/community.eetsgame.com/new_posts.php:32) in /home/jcheng/community.eetsgame.com/includes/page_header.php on line 482

Warning: include_once(../eetsgame.com/news/wp-content/themes/eets-news/eets_weekly_link.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/jcheng/community.eetsgame.com/site_links.php on line 11

Warning: include_once(): Failed opening '../eetsgame.com/news/wp-content/themes/eets-news/eets_weekly_link.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php:/usr/local/php5/lib/pear') in /home/jcheng/community.eetsgame.com/site_links.php on line 11
Eets Community :: View topic - Game fonts are unreadable

Mark
0 0
0 2
Mark
   "Too lazy to write a signature . . ."
Posted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:59 pm
Hi
I have setup a little PC for my 4 year old and was hoping to run Eets on it, I tried the demo and get corrupted fonts making the game unplayable (see attached).

PC specs -
Celeron 633mhz
256mb RAM
Intel 82810E 64mb
1024x768 TrueColor 24bit
Window 98 SE

I noted in one of the other support posts it mentioned problems with Intel, but I can run popcap games no problem and all the directX 9c tests run fine.

I realy wanna get him Eetsing to expand his mind Very Happy
Thanks

CheesyRamen
19 108
5 277
CheesyRamen
   "Eets Puzzle Bamboozler"
Posted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:56 pm
Hi Mark! Welcome to our community! Happy Marsh Bud

Your problem does seem strange, since we've never experienced issues with corrupted fonts before. In terms of video cards though, yours would seem fine, however Eets does require slightly more video card requirements than your average casual game, plus Eets and Intel cards don't seem to like each other sometimes . . . Scared Marsh Bud

Have you tried to play around with your systems' video settings? Or is there anyone out there with similar problems?

Mark
0 0
0 2
Mark
   "Too lazy to write a signature . . ."
Posted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:19 am
Hi CheesyRamen
Thanks for the welcome Smile
I have messed with the settings, changed resolutions and color depth but the result is still the same.
The game itself runs fine, the animation is smooth etc but the fonts are still bung.
Ill reduce the resolution on the jpg and try posting it again to give you an idea of whats happening.
Hmm, cant seem to post it, the forum doesnt like it, heres a yousendit link
http://download.yousendit.com/074A53FE34851883

eetsbung.jpg

CheesyRamen
19 108
5 277
CheesyRamen
   "Eets Puzzle Bamboozler"
Posted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 4:26 am
After looking at that screenshot, it does seem like the video card is the culprit.

Maybe it's something to do with your video card and/or its drivers? Other than that, I'm not quite sure if there's anything else I can do to help . . . Scared Marsh Bud

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: