Warning: substr() expects parameter 3 to be long, string given in /home/jcheng/community.eetsgame.com/new_posts.php on line 32

Warning: substr() expects parameter 3 to be long, string given in /home/jcheng/community.eetsgame.com/new_posts.php on line 32

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/jcheng/community.eetsgame.com/new_posts.php:32) in /home/jcheng/community.eetsgame.com/includes/page_header.php on line 479

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/jcheng/community.eetsgame.com/new_posts.php:32) in /home/jcheng/community.eetsgame.com/includes/page_header.php on line 481

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/jcheng/community.eetsgame.com/new_posts.php:32) in /home/jcheng/community.eetsgame.com/includes/page_header.php on line 482

Warning: include_once(../eetsgame.com/news/wp-content/themes/eets-news/eets_weekly_link.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/jcheng/community.eetsgame.com/site_links.php on line 11

Warning: include_once(): Failed opening '../eetsgame.com/news/wp-content/themes/eets-news/eets_weekly_link.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php:/usr/local/php5/lib/pear') in /home/jcheng/community.eetsgame.com/site_links.php on line 11
Eets Community :: View topic - Leaderboards

Syanaide
0 0
0 1
Syanaide
   "Too lazy to write a signature . . ."
Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:28 am
Hey, I don't know if the devs read this forum or not but there is an issue pertaining the xbox live leaderboards. I discovered that using a certain item combination it is very easy to achieve an automated infinite loop early in the game, which could possibly cause the leaderboards to be skewed should someone else find it out.

Not only that but it would be great to have time based leaderboards instead. Scores are great and all, but time attack is where the true replay comes in. A user on the xbox forums made a petetion for this:
http://forums.xbox.com/11975537/ShowPost.aspx

Thanks.

Hooligunn
0 0
0 5
Hooligunn
   "DASH360 Editor"
Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:09 am
I agree. It would be a very welcome addition to the game. Such an example of why I want this is I got 4.77 seconds in Kaboom Desert Stage 10 which is really under the par time! I would like the ability to compare with friends and the world to see if that's been done before (which I'm sure it has - it's quite an obvious shortcut but just a lil hard to do!)

ChrisCasey
0 0
0 5
ChrisCasey
   "Strive for one point five!"
Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:11 am
I haven't found any such exploit... Most things seem to score points for you a few times and then go stale, giving 0 points per usage. I've been climbing the ranks; I was 14 last I checked, and I'd be disappointed to hear that there's an exploit that people are abusing.

I'd love to have per-level leaderboards so I could see where my scores can improve. I also agree with the best times leaderboard suggestion -- since there's a cap to the bonus multiplier for time, there's not always a reason to shave off half seconds.

BigFoot
47 129
9 396
BigFoot
   "Professional Eets Player"
Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:01 am
Hey guys, and thanks for the feedback!

In regards to the exploit and individual leaderboards, I've addressed this problem in my post and comments here:

http://www.eetsgame.com/news/scoring-on-eets-chowdown/

I definitely read the xbox forums to see if there's anything I can help with. In order to not spread myself too thin, I try to keep my responses on this site.

It seems many of you would really like individual leaderboards. I'm not hopeful of the feasibility of adding this feature now, but perhaps we can do a FAQ or wiki where we can keep track of the fastest times. Let me know if you have other suggestions. Happy Marsh Bud

Cheers,
BigFoot.

Dave
0 0
0 3
Dave
   "Too lazy to write a signature . . ."
Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:22 am
Hooligunn wrote:
I agree. It would be a very welcome addition to the game. Such an example of why I want this is I got 4.77 seconds in Kaboom Desert Stage 10 which is really under the par time! I would like the ability to compare with friends and the world to see if that's been done before (which I'm sure it has - it's quite an obvious shortcut but just a lil hard to do!)

I got 1:14 on that level Smile saved the replay too. I think it can be done sooner though.

I attained my score by getting the fastest times I could with the lowest number of items. It works better than using 'exploits' which eventually run out (losing your multiplyer for time too). So if there are any exploits they can't be that good.
37 ninjas at the minute.. damn ocd.
Currently getting the hang of Marsho Madness for that achievement until someone gets closer to my high score.

BigFoot wrote:

but perhaps we can do a FAQ or wiki where we can keep track of the fastest times. Let me know if you have other suggestions. Happy Marsh Bud

That sounds like a good idea. I understand that leaderboards for each level is a bit much.. each of the 7 worlds totals maybe? Or a total time for all 123 levels (or is there one I haven't seen?)

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: