Windfall
1 131
52 101
Windfall
   "Eets. It's Essential!"
Posted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:43 am
Ive decided its better to leave the community for a fool like me who is disturbing the mood of God like Master of Timing. But before leaving I'd like to say how I first get to know about Eets. If you visit Gamespot frequently & go the pc forum you'll probably know AdrianWerner. He is very popular for his thread why it's worth to be a PCgamer in 2007 It was his profile Where I first saw 'Eets' under 'Indie Gaming'. Ive been playing pc games for 8 years & played more than 200 games including almost all pioneering games released on pc. I didn't even know what 'Indie Gaming' means before I got interested seeing the game in his profile & decided to take a look. So when I first downloaded the Eets demo I realized it's a completely different game & small games can be fun too. So I brought it & started visiting Eets community, although I must say this is the lowest population community I ever visited. So I started to post replays, give reviews, post in the forum to help the community get going because I think this incredible game requires some support from community members. I was accompanied by some friendly moderators & members so I keep visiting. Ive also introduced Eets to many of my friends. Now In this 8 years of gaming Ive met lots of online gamers, joined several communities & have hundreds of online & offline gamer friends, but I never had the 'opportunity' to know some punk with his abysmal attitude telling me"I think you are a fool. Fare thee well."

Why should I care anyway? Because I don't like to get insulted by some kid & other members appears to be snoozing. It's impossible for me to live in this rat infested community & get insulted. Goodbye friends. Its always worth be a pc gamer & I'm off to serious gaming.

Lillarion
49 750
201 845
Lillarion
   "Puzzle Optimiser"
Posted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:30 am
Well... Farewell, Windfall Sad

This heated argument is a tradgedy for this small comunity. I would have hoped that you would stay, and perhaps chose to ignore Horatius if you really can't stand him. I haven't been snoozing, but the way I honestly sees this is that you said bad things about him, and he said even more bad things about you.

I don't know... Maybe you don't want me to be honest, but to me honesty is important, and I believe it is to you as well.

You mostly seem like a nice guy, and I will miss you. Good luck with your gaming Wink

Windfall
1 131
52 101
Windfall
   "Eets. It's Essential!"
Posted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:24 am
Lillarion wrote:

but the way I honestly sees this is that you said bad things about him, and he said even more bad things about you.

I wanted to refrain myself from writing here ever again but then I decided that I need to tell something.

You might have forgotten but it all started in Adam's Boom Boom replay. Where I gave the replay 10 & Horatius also gave it 10 with some "I think it's not fair" comments, now I can see he has reduced the rating to 5. You also gave the replay 9. That same Horatius is getting 'disheartened' by getting a 9 instead of 10 & calling me "I think you are a fool. Fare thee well."

Isn't in clear that replay shouldn't get 5 & a typical case of dishonesty can be found from that rating? You think what I wrote was 'bad things'? If those were bad things then he deserves much more bashing then what he merely got. And moreover, what I wrote is just a bit rude-ish which he definitely deserves & it's much less offensive then calling someone 'fool' directly.

But all of those were regarding Adam's replay for what I wrote that rude-ish comment in the Again,all about timing freak replay. But why should I give a f**k about what Horatius rating other peoples replay? Because, just like you, honesty matters to me as well. I just can't stand he'll rate other peoples stuff unfairly & in his case we must have to give it 10, or perhaps 20 cause the 'rating system is not working! And if we don't, if we give it a 9, he gets 'disheartened' & he has complete freedom to tell others "fool"! Huh! What a community! The best ever! Unfortunately, I'm too fool to continue.

Lastly, in my foolish mind you seemed a good member from the beginning & I enjoyed playing your puzzles & watching your replays. I'm sorry to know you'll miss me.I hope we'll meet again someplace else, who knows!

Horatius
8 121
64 149
Horatius
   "Ad Augusta Per Angusta"
Posted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:14 am
It is really funny how he took some things personal before to eventually get angry.
He insults me and then of course I insult him (i just didnt expect that reasoning with him would work(that is in fact very clear to me)).
One may say that because I insulted him back I lost complete credibility or whatever. Now, I know I can discuss in a better way, I just didnt care really.
He really didnt understand me at all. Its like he thought I was always attacking him or something, and he just couldnt see things in a different way.
Now of course he's now upset. He's the victim (give the man a happy bud, please). I just dont really understand why he was before upset. What was his reason to fire up that weird post?
Words are funny really,I almost feel bad and also feel sorry for him at reading the posts here: he was really unjusticed, and I'm a punk.
Well, many people dont really like me, and some do (thank the gods for that). Some people get me, some dont (thank the nymphs for that too).
Fine, I'm a little rude and ironic, and so what?

- Pettiness,that's what I say. And his reaction is of a fool.

I didnt do anything to spoil his fun before, but he had to spoil mine.

I really wish i didnt say anything regarding ratings, in fact I even dont think I'm really right in many things, but... oh man, this just so ridiculous!

Bah,if he can feel better by saying what he whatever wants, then fine, everybody is like that. The others are punks, and they just pound on us. Its an unfair world. Its better to return to serious gamming. I know that I'll be appreciated like the good person I am. Farewell,punk.

Enough, I confess that obviously I find this so sad and foolish as amusing to myself, but enough is enough.
May we worry about what really needs our care.

But if I am a plague to somebody else, please say so.
But then again,dont bother,because I lost interest in the community.

Anyway, good puzzles and replays! Mr. Green

CheesyRamen
19 108
5 277
CheesyRamen
   "Eets Puzzle Bamboozler"
Posted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:18 pm
Oh man... I was gone over the weekend and all this happened... Scared Marsh Bud

Where to start...

After reading all the things that have been said, please feel free to blame me, not each other. When it comes down to it, our rating system REALLY needs improvement. From one vague number (the rating), what can one infer from that? Does that number deal with how much fun a level is, how original it is, how impressive it is, etc? What I've seen is that everyone's got different interpretations and criteria for rating a puzzle/replay that they all must stuff into a single number, which when interpreted in different ways, can lead to argument. I've come to the conclusion that our rating system is just unfair. Sad

My next Eets Weekly topic is going to deal with some ideas on what can be done with the rating system, which I'll post later in the day. However, until the rating system does get changed, everyone please direct your wrath to me. When you think about it, all of your arguments can be traced back to a single, vague, unclear number, which originally Bigfoot and I thought to be the best way to rate things...

Secondly, Bigfoot and I are always keeping an eye on the Community, listening to your concerns and finding ways to improve it. However, we can't always keep an eye on things 24/7, so everyone, please try to be nice to each other. Remember, be sensitive to others on what you say, since it's hard to interpret sarcasm and other things in typed messages and such. Unlike other message boards, I'd prefer to refrain from having moderators around because I believe we're all nice people and hence don't need them. Happy Marsh Bud

However if there's a problem anywhere, please message either Bigfoot or myself and we can help to resolve things.

Lastly, Windfall and Horatius, I think you're both awesome people, and both of you have have definitely made us smile with your puzzles/replays. It's unfortunate that things that seemed minor at the beginning got out of hand and have come down to this, but if anything, direct your wrath to me instead of each other, since again at the core of everything, our rating system is flawed and needs fixing...

Adam
6 131
19 48
Adam
   "Nintentaint"
Posted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:18 pm
I'm not sure if I should be relieved or deeply saddened that I was absent this weekend... It sadens me that this issue got so heated a second time, but I wonder if I would have gotten to hot as well. I'm a human just as much, so I hope to give this ample thought for everyone here.

Where to begin... I am SOOO SORRY that this has turned out this way. I have tears in my eyes as I write this.

You guys are right that this issue has gotten out of hand and that it is rather trivial. But, the ISSUE, that is the ratings, is not the essence of what is being dealt with here. We are clashing our views, and in this world, as you all well know, can turn very ugly or become beneficial to all.

Horatius, I'm sorry that you found my "enlightened" point of view to be belittling. I can see that, from your point of view, this could easily be so. But I will NOT defend my own view at the cost of a friend. Though indeed you are on the other side of the planet. I have updated my rating to 10. I... I was trying, I thought, to be thorough like you, but that is by my own view. Sort of like the way you rated Boom Boom. Clearly, I have not understood you.

Windfall, again it brings me sorrow to see it end up like this. I hope you haven't stopped looking back yet so I can say I'm sorry, and that you'll be missed. Since this has become so bad, it is so very wise for you to just leave at this point. I respect you for having the will to just leave this junk behind. I had hoped that you and Horatius could have looked through each other's lenses instead of defending your own all the time. But, it is a true man who can just say "that's enough" also. It is evident that you tried to see things from my point of view. You even defended me in my absence. I appreciate that. I will miss you as a friend.

Ramen, I appreciate your will to take the blame, you are in charge, so you have that responsability. You have my respect. The rating system does need improvements to be sure. But as long as we are rating each other, I'm afraid our nature as humans will always result in clashing. I don't think that the ratings should be done away with, I think it is better to face this possability, always present, with courage. But I truely feel that it was at least started by myself, at least in part. Since I posted my stupid point of view as if I have all the answers.

Lillarion, you've always sought the same thing as me, maybe more so. A peacefull conclusion. Your record as a member in numbers is not the sum of your involvement and care. You care about everyone else here, you want a good community. You also have my respect.

I wish to enjoy this community, and that means that I must be willing to deal with the dissagreements too. That is, of course, the case with any normal human endevor. I hope that this can continue to be fun, but how can it be unless we are willing to be for each other? If we are only willing to accept our own points of view as real, how can we ever get along? I for one hope to look through the eyes of everyone else when dissagreements occur. I do not wish to cause trouble simply because I thought my ways were better. Friendships are more important than that.

Adam

BigFoot
47 129
9 396
BigFoot
   "Professional Eets Player"
Posted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:05 pm
I've been away from the community for a tad, working away on Eets: Chowdown and a mound of paperwork.

I have to say, I was quite shocked to see this thread -- I always prided in the fact that our community is one of the most cheerful and friendly ones around. Happy Marsh Bud

In any case, I hope everyone can simply put this aside and continue enjoying the community and the game.

Next time, if any of you feel like you are being attacked personally in any way, please bring it up with me or CheesyRamen, instead of discussing it here on the boards. This way, we can resolve it peacefully, just like our community has always been.

Deal?

Cheers,
BigFoot.

puffazoid
10 10
3 48
puffazoid
   "fark! i hear a shistol pot!"
Posted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:42 pm
Sweet Jebuss!
I can't Belive he really said; "I Think You Are A Fool, Fare Thee Well."
WTFUDGE?! Evil or Very Mad Exploding Giant Marshmallow Mad

James
5 66
20 104
James
   "Lightning Blade!!!"
Posted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:49 pm
What the... Confused Evil or Very Mad ?!

minmay
36 66
21 393
minmay
   "Replay Master"
Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:05 pm
Okay. I'm spectacularly late here. But there's a very, very good reason for this post.

In my view, this is how it worked:

-Adam gives a rating which would be accepted anywhere else, but not here because a 10/10 here is a 6/10 anywhere else.
-Horatius complains about it, because he thinks that anything other than a 10/10 means the replay is trash.
-Windfall starts insulting him for it.
-Horatius retorts. Start of flame war.
-Flame war rages on. It ends with them basically calling each other idiots.
-Windfall leaves, disgusted at the fact that in his opinion this community wouldn't know how to rate a level if the instructions for writing a proper review slapped it in the face.
-People start misinterpreting the whole thing. CheesyRamen tries to soak up the blame in an effort to keep the community from being crumpled up and tossed into the bonfire.
-Adam posts a long essay which amounts to "I'm sorry, everyone's a dope."
-BigFoot pulls out the admin-gun of do-not-post-it-here-take-it-up-with-us-even-though-we-have-nothing-to-do-with-it.
-People detract from the seriousness of the thread.
-Community gets sucked up the vacuum cleaner.
-Vacuum cleaner gets indigestion.

Now, I predict that everyone will read this post. Since I was careful to insult everyone equally, everyone will live long and prosper, but the community will be just as dead as it always was.

Actually, I feel that nobody should take the blame for this...

...except for me. None of this would've happened if not for my absence. Why? I'll leave everyone to figure it out for themselves.

For now, we're down two, maybe three, members.

James
5 66
20 104
James
   "Lightning Blade!!!"
Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:43 am
I'm still active. Smile

James
5 66
20 104
James
   "Lightning Blade!!!"
Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:46 am
So is minmay,blooman,cheesyramen,lilrion,and some other people.

minmay
36 66
21 393
minmay
   "Replay Master"
Posted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:01 am
Okay, add one more step:

-People spam the thread.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: