Chamaelleo
0 0
0 10
Chamaelleo
   "Founder of the Marsho Madness 12-step programme"
Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:39 pm
Okay, so not a 'level' persay, but nevertheless...

1 million points!?! Someone tell me once you get to 500,000 it cycles back to the beginning again?! Otherwise HOW and WHY?!?

Thus far I'm managing about 450,000 and whilst I'm sure with a bit of luck I'll pop the 500k limit, I'm finding it very hard to imaging making it all the way to 1 million points..

Do the lovely Eets creators, or anyone who in the next couple of days manages to surpass me and win the achievement, have any useful tips and tricks?

I understand the concept of the multiplier - it goes without saying that it's best to hold onto it for as long as possible. Nevertheless once you're pushing 300k and die you can jump back up to a x7 relatively quickly and I can't really believe that losing a x9/x10 is the difference between going all the way to a million? I'm also aware of using the powerups wisely, but nevertheless it all seems a bit much..

If the numbers and varieties of enemies keep ramping up and up, really, how is this possible? Help would be much appreciated!

(and it goes without saying that I'm enjoying Eets a great deal.. but for some reason am particularly fond of, and addicted to, the minigame - probably because the single player game has burnt a whole in my brain and the monotony is soothing)

Very Happy

Chamaelleo
0 0
0 10
Chamaelleo
Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:41 pm
Also wanted to point out that (at least for me) choosing the right enemies to hit proves invaluable, and that the knock on effect of destroying a larger enemy near smaller ones around it, has not gone unnoticed..

CheesyRamen
19 108
5 277
CheesyRamen
   "Eets Puzzle Bamboozler"
Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:39 pm
Wow! That's super-impressive that you got 450K so fast! Shocked

For sure, getting 1 million points is no easy task, but it is possible (Bigfoot can do it!)

You do have a good strategy with choosing the right enemies though; also remember it'll take some practice, quick reflexes, and focus to get that not-so-easy achievement Wink

Hooligunn
0 0
0 5
Hooligunn
   "DASH360 Editor"
Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:16 am
Yeah I was thinking exactly the same. On my first go on the mode, I remember thinking how easy the mode was in the early stages and how I'd easy get 1,000,000. Then, when I hit 120K, all *beep* broke lose. I sat there and just got obliterated..

True I really didn't know what the fiddle was going on apart from pressing button combos ect.. but 1,000,000 is going to be ridiculously hard. Good stuff though, I love working for achievements Very Happy

Chamaelleo
0 0
0 10
Chamaelleo
Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 11:24 am
So I get it, finally! Not only do I realise that 1 million points is achieveable, but FAR more importantly than that, I know that 1 million is achieveable *for me*.

So I've been away for an extended weekend and this was my first go at MM since Thursday, and so I wasn't expecting it to be my finest work... but to die on 978,960 points, with a goo cannon only just released and ready to take down an entire screen, with a high multiplier attached and no doubt in my mind that if it can work its way round even a quarter of the screen it will definitely tip me over the 1 mill edge, just hurts. Real bad.

One stupid flustered mistake and I miss a little 2-button splodge before either I or the cannon can reach it.

Now I'm the highest scorer in the game that hasnt achieved one million. This is not an accolade I want to keep Sad

I feel the need to share that never have I experienced quite such a violent physical reaction to a game before, either! I've fought and won wars, taken the last kill in hours of battle, defeated huge monsters, raced, won (and crashed) at 200 miles an hour (and done some crazy things in the real world too) - but *nothing* has made my heart beat out of my chest quite as much as MM. If it hadn't brought on my ectopic heartbeat when I realised I was 50k from achieving and only had 1 life left, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have made that last mistake! Argh.

This game should have a health warning. Scared Marsh Bud

CheesyRamen
19 108
5 277
CheesyRamen
   "Eets Puzzle Bamboozler"
Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 12:04 pm
Wow! I think I'd certainly go ballistic if I ever got that close on Marsho Madness!

But good job on getting such a high score! I'm sure you'll be able break the 1 million mark soon! Smile

Chamaelleo
0 0
0 10
Chamaelleo
Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 1:27 pm
I'm guessing that you (namely CheesyRamen and Biigfoot) have lovely and well-thought out names for all of the little sprites throughout Eets; and I'm sure these are extended to MM - however until I'm made aware of these, this may make little sense...

I wanted to let it be known that I'm simply shocked and appalled at the inclusion of Snake2 into the latter stages of MM! Why, here I was desperately trying to reach the 1 million mark on my second effort since my last post (I'll point out now that I reached 955055 before dying, damnation), and was having a particularly bad time of it. I had died a couple of times very early on (I almost gave up at 200k as it was going so badly) by way of rogue mini-splodge, square-splodge fallout and para-slodge (I will always love tanks and bombs - for they are the only reason I survive so long - and starfish are frankly just not dangerous!), but for all this time have never had particularly trouble dealing with Snakes. Snakes being the name I (actually a 360 buddy of mine takes credit - until that point they were just 'line-splodges' to me) give to the enemies at that stage of the game where mini-splodges of the 1 button variety rush towards Eets in a line..

As I had been doing quite so appallingly and therefore had not managed to achieve a very high combo or multiplier rating I clearly reached a level of the game I had not done so before. To my horror, what awaited my arrival to this new level of Marsho Madness *beep* was Snake2. Oh yes, Snakes of the 2 button variety - and varying buttons at that, which meant the knock on effect did not always clear the rest of the snake. My timely demise came at a time when no less than 3 sets of Snake2, 2 sets of Snake, a few bombs and 43 million (approx.) splodges were winging there way towards me.

On my previous attempt (see above post) I had reached a longest combo of over 5040 whilst only killing 5300 enemies or so, with fewer than 8 mistakes (and I usually make a few at the same time, due to the speed). This time round I killed 8004 enemies but only achieved a combo of 1840 - how frustrating, if I'd managed to kill 8004 enemies on my last attempt I would have not only reached 1 million, but smashed it!

What's a girl to do???

Chamaelleo
0 0
0 10
Chamaelleo
Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 2:08 pm
982,965 Evil or Very Mad

Hurt me now....

Chamaelleo
0 0
0 10
Chamaelleo
Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:01 am
Huzzah, Hurrah, Hurray, Hoopdedoo and all the rest of them - it's been done! Smile

The most annoying thing is that I only managed 1,077ish and I'm absolutely confident that with the right run I could break at least 1,300,000 if not more. Left feeling quite frustrated as that was my worse run to date since I've been able to reach 750k - first of the morning so a bit bleery-eyed - died so many times I didn't get a combo above 1800 - I hit my controller against desk 4 times Confused

Still, this, of all the 360 achievements I have, is one of those ones that I feel exhausted earning - and that surely should be the way it is! Smile

Time for some standard Eets methinks, but mark my words, Marshmallows, I shall return. Angry Marsh Bud

CheesyRamen
19 108
5 277
CheesyRamen
   "Eets Puzzle Bamboozler"
Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:26 am
Congrats on getting over 1 million!

Dave
0 0
0 3
Dave
   "Too lazy to write a signature . . ."
Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:54 am
Haha. Well done, I'm not even close at the minute.

geophf
0 0
0 7
geophf
   "Learning Marsho Madness"
Posted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:00 am
Chamaelleo wrote:
Also wanted to point out that (at least for me) choosing the right enemies to hit proves invaluable, and that the knock on effect of destroying a larger enemy near smaller ones around it, has not gone unnoticed..

Yes! This piece of advice, and your FAQ -- http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/xbox360/game/938057.html Happy Marsh Bud and the youtube videos by teamsaxo (available from http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=teamsaxo&p=r and starting at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqtPyYo44Sw) have got me out of the 120K and moving upwards on the score -- thank you!

chrissym1
0 0
0 4
chrissym1
   "Too lazy to write a signature . . ."
Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:44 pm
Gratss <3 Giant Marshmallow Sneezy Sow

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: