BigFoot
47 129
9 396
BigFoot
   "Professional Eets Player"
Posted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 2:34 am
So, now that Christmas has come and gone, the question is: did you get any games for Christmas, and are they any good?

Personally, in the last month, I either purchased or was gifted:

1) An Xbox 360, with a bunch of games that came with it and a bunch more I borrowed, including: Gears of War / Oblivion / Dead or Alive 4 / G.R.A.W. / The Outfit / PGR3
2) A Wii, with: Zelda: Twilight Princess / Trauma Centre: Second Opinion / Rayman: Raving Rabbids / Dragonball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2
3) A Gamecube wavebird controller, since the Wii plays Gamecube games, and my TV is too far away from the seating area
4) Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (DS)

So, yes. I have way too many games on my plate to play. I'm having a hard time finding time to really spend playing them, especially when some of them are as involved as Oblivion Shocked

Et tu, Brute?

Windfall
1 131
52 101
Windfall
   "Eets. It's Essential!"
Posted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:55 am
Wow! two consoles as Christmas gift with lots of games sure feels good. (makes me jealous though Laughing)

I'm still hanging on to my PC, nothing beats the joy of playing games with keyboard & mouse Happy Marsh Bud

I've finished Oblivion, spectacular game.

Matthew
1 1
1 21
Matthew
   "I dont need no sigmature... lol"
Posted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 7:18 am
I also got a Wii with Zelda and Wii play. And i got Eets a few days before christmas. I have spent about as much time on Eets as the Wii LOL.

ChaZ
0 0
1 32
ChaZ
   "Too lazy to write a signature . . ."
Posted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 12:14 pm
I got and Xbox 360 ith GoW on Xmas morning only to find the ring of death. Apparently a "hardware failure" ฌ_ฌ. Went out to Game the next day and got a 360 with CoD3 and GoW bundle. The other one is in the process of sending back now to play.com for a refund. Had to ring them and complain though!

Also got Far Cry Insticts Predator from my brother on the 360 and just bought myself Tony Hawks Project 8 in the Game sale Smile

All really really good games, i must say GoW looks and plays absolutly stunning. And CoD3's online multiplayer is totaly brill!

My live gamertag is "Lucifonz". Add me Smile

ChaZ

BigFoot
47 129
9 396
BigFoot
   "Professional Eets Player"
Posted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:06 pm
My gamertag is "Biiigfoot", if you're interested.

Windfall -- how long did it take you to complete Oblivion? I've been spending way too much time on that game the past week Wink

Now I'm just waiting for Guitar Hero 2 for the 360.

Windfall
1 131
52 101
Windfall
   "Eets. It's Essential!"
Posted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:05 am
It won't take you much time to complete the core quests but will take you plenty of time to completely complete the game, which is, finishing the core quests & all the side quests. there are numerous side quests & all of them are very cool. It took me nearly 1 month to finish the game, probably the longest game I've played. If you fast travel from one place to another you're gonna miss most side quests so traveling by horse has a great advantage Smile.

ChaZ
0 0
1 32
ChaZ
   "Too lazy to write a signature . . ."
Posted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:17 pm
Ill add you bigfoot Smile

I really didnt like Oblivion. Initially i did until i saw what it really was. Just an overrated RPG with too much time spent into the graphics i thought =/ I didnt think the storyline was very gripping at all, the combat system was average at best, very short main questline (main thing that interests me in RPGs is a good gripping main questline which is lengthy).

And mainly it may sound silly but the world just felt much more like a "game world" than Morrowind. Which really felt like a massive world. The oblivion gates get samey after youve done a couple and the forests are just copy and pasted throughout the land.

Anyway...thats just my opinion Wink Maybe i had too high standards for it Sad Possibly a sequal might change all that Smile

ChaZ

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: