Warning: substr() expects parameter 3 to be long, string given in /home/jcheng/community.eetsgame.com/new_posts.php on line 32

Warning: substr() expects parameter 3 to be long, string given in /home/jcheng/community.eetsgame.com/new_posts.php on line 32

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/jcheng/community.eetsgame.com/new_posts.php:32) in /home/jcheng/community.eetsgame.com/includes/page_header.php on line 479

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/jcheng/community.eetsgame.com/new_posts.php:32) in /home/jcheng/community.eetsgame.com/includes/page_header.php on line 481

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/jcheng/community.eetsgame.com/new_posts.php:32) in /home/jcheng/community.eetsgame.com/includes/page_header.php on line 482

Warning: include_once(../eetsgame.com/news/wp-content/themes/eets-news/eets_weekly_link.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/jcheng/community.eetsgame.com/site_links.php on line 11

Warning: include_once(): Failed opening '../eetsgame.com/news/wp-content/themes/eets-news/eets_weekly_link.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php:/usr/local/php5/lib/pear') in /home/jcheng/community.eetsgame.com/site_links.php on line 11
Eets Community :: View topic - Asking for help to make a puzzle
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Windfall
1 131
52 101
Windfall
   "Eets. It's Essential!"
Posted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:48 am
The official solution is superb but it still was a bit frustrating for me, specially when you nedd to shoot Eets time. Very challinging puzzle surely. It's all about practice I guess. One thing I should say is the proportion of trial & error is critial to great puzzles, that is, you should be able to reproduce a solution without trying several times when everying is in the right position. Sometimes too precise puzzles are more frustating that fun.

Horatius
8 121
64 149
Horatius
   "Ad Augusta Per Angusta"
Posted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:30 pm
You do have a point. So, looks like i failed at making a good puzzle again.
Still, many may like the challenge, and, i say honestly, its more easy than it looks. You should not take my laments and exclamations in this forum that seriously. I took a break from it, came back and did it, and i only play this game for about two months.
Anyway, do you guys think i should post it or not?
Its up to you, i don't care, i had my fun with it.
Should i make more improvements?
Mr.BigFoot and Mr.Cheesy Ramen, you are the experts - i would like your thoughts if you care. Thanks.

CheesyRamen
19 108
5 277
CheesyRamen
   "Eets Puzzle Bamboozler"
Posted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:34 pm
Bigfoot & I tried really, really, really hard to find an alternative way to pass your puzzle and just to try to pass it, which, of course we totally failed... Scared Marsh Bud

Your puzzle is probably one of the hardest puzzles we've seen and certainly it requires SUPER timing in order to complete, but there definitely are people who like hard puzzles and those who don't. As an Eets machine, I like it!

I'm impressed with the puzzles you've made so far, especially since you've been playing Eets for only two months. Making a puzzle that everyone will like is a really hard thing that'll only come through learning and experience.

I've made over 200 Eets puzzles so far, but I think I've lots to learn about making really awesome puzzles like all you Eets fans.

Windfall
1 131
52 101
Windfall
   "Eets. It's Essential!"
Posted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:48 pm
Horatius wrote:
You do have a point. So, looks like i failed at making a good puzzle again.

Definitely not. I love challenging puzzles & your puzzle is one of the hardest puzzles I ever had to face, just like CheesyRamen. All I tried to say is it may require several tries to solve the puzzle even if all the items are in correct position, which is sometimes frustrating & some players may give up & just watch the official solution. And that along with the absence of alternate solution makes this puzzle insane.Anyway the puzzle is awesome & definitrely worth posting. This will give experienced Eets player some shaking Wink

Goto page Previous  1, 2 Page 2 of 2

Jump to: