Goto page 1, 2  Next

FrankF
0 0
0 9
FrankF
   "Eets - I am puzzled."
Posted: Wed May 07, 2008 10:58 am
Hello You Eets-lovers!

My son was in tears immediately because we spent so many hours playing the game, caused hundreds of explosions, ate thousands of marshmallows, fighted the Marshobots and solved the most difficult of puzzels.

But today my son started the game and all achjievements are gone. Empty. Only the welcomescreen of the first level ist there.

Can anyone help us with a profile that is about 75% into the game? We only have one profile and it got lost, we do not know how and why and we have no backup of that file.

Thank you for your help

FrankF

Frank

CheesyRamen
19 108
5 277
CheesyRamen
   "Eets Puzzle Bamboozler"
Posted: Wed May 07, 2008 3:54 pm
Hi there!

I'm assuming you're talking about the PC version of Eets?

All your profiles are normally saved under the <Eets install directory>\User\Profiles directory. Maybe your profile got moved somewhere (a search for .prf files on your computer might find it if it was moved around...)

Anyways, do you remember which level (or world) you left off on?

minmay
36 66
21 393
minmay
   "Replay Master"
Posted: Wed May 07, 2008 5:01 pm
Make a profile named CheesyRamen and press CTRL+E anywhere in the game.
That should cheer your son up a bit.

FrankF
0 0
0 9
FrankF
   "Eets - I am puzzled."
Posted: Wed May 07, 2008 11:31 pm
CheesyRamen wrote:
Anyways, do you remember which level (or world) you left off on?

I think the last world we unlocked was the world were you can walk on the ceilings by kicking this alien yellow alarm clock.

FrankF

FrankF
0 0
0 9
FrankF
   "Eets - I am puzzled."
Posted: Wed May 07, 2008 11:32 pm
minmay wrote:
Make a profile named CheesyRamen and press CTRL+E anywhere in the game.
That should cheer your son up a bit.

I tried it to nmo avail.

I need a PRF-File, because our file got corrupted or deleted, possibly by a software-update of Photoshop???

minmay
36 66
21 393
minmay
   "Replay Master"
Posted: Thu May 08, 2008 6:58 am
OK, I'll make you one. I just need a bit more information: did you complete ALL the levels in each chapter, or just the minimum required?

FrankF
0 0
0 9
FrankF
   "Eets - I am puzzled."
Posted: Thu May 08, 2008 8:16 am
minmay wrote:
OK, I'll make you one. I just need a bit more information: did you complete ALL the levels in each chapter, or just the minimum required?

I think we completed 3 or 4 worlds with 100%, the rest with some unsolved levels. My son does a lot of replays, which means to me he plays the same levels again and finds new solutions, like solution with 1 or 2 items left out, to win more goodioes in the hall of fame.

I think we completed about 18 levels 1 under par and 5 or 6 levels 2 under par.

Thank you for your help.

What can I do to not have this happen again?

Frank

minmay
36 66
21 393
minmay
   "Replay Master"
Posted: Thu May 08, 2008 12:49 pm
Okay, here's a profile with the first four chapters completed 100% and Marshomech Lair completed. I got a few trophies just because it was faster than solving the levels the intended ways.

I think your profile getting erased was either
1. A bizarre system error
2. A virus

Number two is definitely most likely, so make sure you have a good, up-to-date antivirus software (i.e. not Norton) and run scans periodically.

NOTE: If you have the version of Eets with six tutorial levels in the first chapter instead of eight, this profile probably won't work. You'll need to have someone with that version make a profile.

Anyway, your profile can be downloaded here:
Save in Eets\User\Profiles

FrankF
0 0
0 9
FrankF
   "Eets - I am puzzled."
Posted: Thu May 08, 2008 9:45 pm
1) Thank you very much for your effort and help

2) I can see the profile named "Profile" in the Profile list and I have the version with 8 tutorial levels, but it still does not work.

3) I do not have virusses and stuff never had always protected (but I do not believe in Norton).

Frank

minmay wrote:
Okay, here's a profile with the first four chapters completed 100% and Marshomech Lair completed. I got a few trophies just because it was faster than solving the levels the intended ways.

I think your profile getting erased was either
1. A bizarre system error
2. A virus

Number two is definitely most likely, so make sure you have a good, up-to-date antivirus software (i.e. not Norton) and run scans periodically.

NOTE: If you have the version of Eets with six tutorial levels in the first chapter instead of eight, this profile probably won't work. You'll need to have someone with that version make a profile.

Anyway, your profile can be downloaded here:
Save in Eets\User\Profiles

minmay
36 66
21 393
minmay
   "Replay Master"
Posted: Fri May 09, 2008 6:24 am
How exactly does it not work? Do you get an error message upon trying to load it? If so, what's it say?

FrankF
0 0
0 9
FrankF
   "Eets - I am puzzled."
Posted: Fri May 09, 2008 10:14 am
minmay wrote:
How exactly does it not work? Do you get an error message upon trying to load it? If so, what's it say?

No error message, its just accepted as the profile of my son but there is only emptyness, the first level ist a new welcome level, everything else is closed.....

We have now threee completly empty Profiles:

konstantin (my sons)
CheesyRamen (the cheat trial)
Profile (yours)

I guess there must be some strange thing with the program, not the profile.

Just before we lost everything, when I started eets, eets asked me through my firewall whether I would allow eets to connect to the internet. I said yes and the program started. After 5 minutes my son was in tears....

Frank

minmay
36 66
21 393
minmay
   "Replay Master"
Posted: Fri May 09, 2008 11:38 am
That's...odd. And a little worrying. Eets, as far as I know, only tries to access the Internet when you click on a link in the game (thus, the warning should come up then, not when you start it up).
What site did you buy the game from?

FrankF
0 0
0 9
FrankF
   "Eets - I am puzzled."
Posted: Fri May 09, 2008 11:03 pm
minmay wrote:
That's...odd. And a little worrying. Eets, as far as I know, only tries to access the Internet when you click on a link in the game (thus, the warning should come up then, not when you start it up).
What site did you buy the game from?

The game was part of a DVD-ROM that came with my computer magazine subscription: http://www.heise.de/ct/

Frank

CheesyRamen
19 108
5 277
CheesyRamen
   "Eets Puzzle Bamboozler"
Posted: Sat May 10, 2008 11:54 am
hmm.... it seems that the version of Eets you gave is the German version then?

minmay
36 66
21 393
minmay
   "Replay Master"
Posted: Sat May 10, 2008 12:16 pm
There's a German version of Eets? Confused

Goto page 1, 2  Next Page 1 of 2

Jump to: