Lillarion
49 750
201 845
Lillarion
   "Puzzle Optimiser"
Posted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 5:04 am
Hi there. This is my first try at making a puzzle. Everybody loves flipper right? Feedback would be most welcome (I hope I have made the level pretty but I'm not good at such things and off course I hope it's funny)

Flipper.eet
 Description:
Attached Image
Download
 Filename:  Flipper.eet
 Filesize:  2.47 KB
 Downloaded:  239 Time(s)

CheesyRamen
19 108
5 277
CheesyRamen
   "Eets Puzzle Bamboozler"
Posted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 9:10 am
Sweet I'll give this level a shot and tell you what I think! Wink

Sweets
1 2
0 3
Sweets
   "Too lazy to write a signature . . ."
Posted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:51 am
I beat it without using 2 Choco Clouds or either of the whales! Yay for exploding stuff!

Eets bounced off the corner of the small ledge and got to the goal.

solution.jpg

gnatinator
4 2
0 13
gnatinator
   "Too lazy to write a signature . . ."
Posted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:21 pm
woah sweets you are pretty advanced at that.

Attached my solution. It isn't quite as elegant but still pretty cool (didnt make use of the second prankster whale)

eets.jpg

CheesyRamen
19 108
5 277
CheesyRamen
   "Eets Puzzle Bamboozler"
Posted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 1:35 pm
I solved it in a similar way bouncing Eets off the Exploding Marshmallow to get to the top platform then getting Eets to jump &, bounce off a cloud into the goal.

Btw I love the ",official", solution to this map! I like the ",Eets bouncing off a bazillion things to get into the goal", thing you have here Wink

Hope these suggestions help, I'd love to see this level uploaded to the level database soon!

Lillarion
49 750
201 845
Lillarion
   "Puzzle Optimiser"
Posted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:01 am
Thanks for all the feedback!

A question before i post this puzzle is if I should try to prevent the solution where you just place one explosion. It could probably be done quite easily with a wall. What do you think? Is it fun to have the possibility to optimize by just placing the explosives?

Lillarion
49 750
201 845
Lillarion
   "Puzzle Optimiser"
Posted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 5:36 am
Actually I tried it out. Now it is up to you players to decide wich one is the most funny Smile

Flipper 2.eet
 Description:
Attached Image
Download
 Filename:  Flipper 2.eet
 Filesize:  2.65 KB
 Downloaded:  294 Time(s)

Lillarion
49 750
201 845
Lillarion
   "Puzzle Optimiser"
Posted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 5:41 am
And finally this one: To even more force the solution closer to the intended one. Please help me to make the level database as good as possible.

By the way... Does anybody think that I should try to extend the chain reacton? (Thus forcing the player to place even more items...)

Flipper 3.eet
 Description:
Attached Image
Download
 Filename:  Flipper 3.eet
 Filesize:  2.77 KB
 Downloaded:  313 Time(s)

BigFoot
47 129
9 396
BigFoot
   "Professional Eets Player"
Posted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:06 pm
Man that was hard! Actually it was so hard I cheated and looked at the solution... Embarassed

I blame it on the fact I'm currently in Hong Kong jet lagged Smile

I think this level is ready for the big time!

Oh I also tweaked it a bit and added some frivolous stuff. Dunno if you think this looks nicer but let me know what you think!

Flipper 3 r2.eet
 Description:
Attached Image
Download
 Filename:  Flipper 3 r2.eet
 Filesize:  3.55 KB
 Downloaded:  259 Time(s)

Lillarion
49 750
201 845
Lillarion
   "Puzzle Optimiser"
Posted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:22 pm
It do look nice BigFoot. What I wanted to give was the feeling of a rollercoaster and I thoght those red clouds fitted in nicley to give some kind of menacing look to the puzzle. Your tweaking makes it look like Eets is happily bouncing around among fluffy clouds. I dont know what look is best but your feels more thought through so I think Ill go with that one.

Do you think I should submit it to the level database now and is it in that case BigFoots version of Flipper 3 I should submit?

If you tell me to post it now I will do that but if you dont tell me before friday I will visit my parents for a week and there I wont have access to internet. Maybe it would be for the best to wait a bit in order to let people try and voice their opinion...

BigFoot
47 129
9 396
BigFoot
   "Professional Eets Player"
Posted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 1:04 pm
I'd say post it and take your pick! I like your version too -- I was just having some fun playing around with the scenery Wink

Lillarion
49 750
201 845
Lillarion
   "Puzzle Optimiser"
Posted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 2:04 pm
And now its up! I played a bit with the looks of it and tried to get it look even more like a flipper game. I hope you like how it looks in its final state BigFoot.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: