Warning: substr() expects parameter 3 to be long, string given in /home/jcheng/community.eetsgame.com/new_posts.php on line 32

Warning: substr() expects parameter 3 to be long, string given in /home/jcheng/community.eetsgame.com/new_posts.php on line 32

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/jcheng/community.eetsgame.com/new_posts.php:32) in /home/jcheng/community.eetsgame.com/includes/page_header.php on line 479

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/jcheng/community.eetsgame.com/new_posts.php:32) in /home/jcheng/community.eetsgame.com/includes/page_header.php on line 481

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/jcheng/community.eetsgame.com/new_posts.php:32) in /home/jcheng/community.eetsgame.com/includes/page_header.php on line 482

Warning: include_once(../eetsgame.com/news/wp-content/themes/eets-news/eets_weekly_link.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/jcheng/community.eetsgame.com/site_links.php on line 11

Warning: include_once(): Failed opening '../eetsgame.com/news/wp-content/themes/eets-news/eets_weekly_link.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php:/usr/local/php5/lib/pear') in /home/jcheng/community.eetsgame.com/site_links.php on line 11
Eets Community :: View topic - Feedback request: Upcoming changes

BigFoot
47 129
9 396
BigFoot
   "Professional Eets Player"
Posted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 1:01 pm
Hi everyone! We're looking for new ways to improve the community site and after the initial launch we've come up with a few things some of which will roll out sooner than others.

I'm here to ask if you like these changes and whether there are other things you would like to see done!

1) We want to add a ",Featured level", option where we feature a custom level on the front page of www.eetsgame.com and also on the main Community Central page.

2) We'll be editing the main site to include more information about what's currently happening in the community. The current mockup looks like this: New site mockup

3) We want to add much more information on the main Community Central page including Recently Commented / Reviewed levels.

4) As a more advanced feature would like to add an option for users to be able to tag level creators that they like so if new puzzles come out by that author you will see it on the main page or even get sent a notification.

5) As an extension to the above users will find out they've been tagged as popular and people will also be able to see the most popular authors!

4 and 5 may take a little longer to roll out but we're really excited about all of these improvements.

So what do you think of the new site design and these features? How can we improve it even more?

Thanks!
BigFoot.

Lillarion
49 750
201 845
Lillarion
   "Puzzle Optimiser"
Posted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:37 pm
An in game option that would be nice would be if it was possible to save a demo every time you complete a room. In this way it would be much easier to helpt others in the level creation and you can also easily help those who really really get stuck. The demo could also be a trophy for a difficult solution Smile

BigFoot
47 129
9 396
BigFoot
Posted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:23 am
Thanks Lillarion!

Yes being able to save replays and pass them on was something we ended up cutting because of lack of time... Sad

I would like to compile a list of most wanted features to either implement in this version if we find a good way to do so or for a future Eets release.

Unfortunately patching the game itself at this point may be a difficult thing because we currently don't have a way to easily patch everyone's game. But changing the community website is definitely something we're dedicated to do.

Keep the comments coming everyone! Thanks!

miracle monkey
7 35
17 204
miracle monkey
   "I don't have any answers. I just ask questions."
Posted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 8:45 pm
Sadly I like 4 and 5 best.

Lillarion
49 750
201 845
Lillarion
   "Puzzle Optimiser"
Posted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 2:35 am
An idea I think would be great for future releases of Eets would be to be able to place multiple puzzlepieces where Eets have to collect all of them. I have just played miracle monkeys Strata and his beutiful intended solution would thus be possible to enforce. I just think you could do very interesting rooms with this option.

BigFoot
47 129
9 396
BigFoot
Posted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 2:23 pm
Yeah! We thought about that for this release but decided it would complicate things too much. I think it's something that perhaps could have been introduced much later in the game and would have been fine though!

We'll definitely put this in our idea bank and revisit it. Letting us know you want it helps a lot.

Thanks!

Lillarion
49 750
201 845
Lillarion
   "Puzzle Optimiser"
Posted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 1:04 am
Another in game sugestion. I have just played Choco cloud madness and my fingers hurt. The fact isd that it isn't entierly uncommon to need to click multiple times fast. What I suggest is that if you click your mouse without letting go of the button that would give the same result as clicking the mouse as fast as possible in order to fire multiple ginseng shots or choco shots.

BigFoot
47 129
9 396
BigFoot
Posted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 9:41 am
Lillarion wrote:
What I suggest is that if you click your mouse without letting go of the button that would give the same result as clicking the mouse as fast as possible in order to fire multiple ginseng shots or choco shots.

Yes definitely! I completely agree with you here. Sorry about your finger! Shocked

Lillarion
49 750
201 845
Lillarion
   "Puzzle Optimiser"
Posted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 9:46 am
BigFoot wrote:
Lillarion wrote:
What I suggest is that if you click your mouse without letting go of the button that would give the same result as clicking the mouse as fast as possible in order to fire multiple ginseng shots or choco shots.

Yes definitely! I completely agree with you here. Sorry about your finger! Shocked

It's okay. The level was worth it Wink

Parallax
3 6
0 6
Parallax
   "Too lazy to write a signature . . ."
Posted: Tue May 16, 2006 2:56 am
If you are making modifications to eets itself one thing you should be able to do is to rotate the direction-change arrows that were locked in the level without having to click play. That saves certian rotates that you have to rotate at the start of every attempt.

I also would like anything you could do to integrate community levels with the game itself such as the reviewing system being in game (download play and review levels without leaving eets). I imagine that would be a LOT of work so perhaps it is too much to ask. Also it would be good if you had an auto-screenshot saved into the levels directory when you save a level suitable for upload into the community site.

-Parallax

CheesyRamen
19 108
5 277
CheesyRamen
   "Eets Puzzle Bamboozler"
Posted: Tue May 16, 2006 9:31 am
One of the things that we aimed to do with level downloading was to make it as easy as possible for players to easily and quickly download and play levels that other people made.

Unfortunately I wish that we could've integrated level/downloading/reviewing and screenshot generation built right into Eets... that would've been really neat! Sad

However these things are definitely something we'll consider putting in for any future releases of Eets. ,)

BigFoot
47 129
9 396
BigFoot
Posted: Tue May 16, 2006 11:05 am
Thanks Parallax! CheesyRamen is being a good boy and making politically correct statements but I'm going to go as far as to say at least some of these features will be in for the next version of Eets.

I really love this community and I'm going to push hard for these features! Twisted Evil

Lillarion
49 750
201 845
Lillarion
   "Puzzle Optimiser"
Posted: Tue May 16, 2006 11:36 am
Ohh... You make me curious Jamie. Is this next version of Eets your new project? Will it in any way be compatible with old levels? Will it feature tons of new cool levels?

BigFoot
47 129
9 396
BigFoot
Posted: Tue May 16, 2006 3:28 pm
Hehe wouldn't you like to know ,)

We're not moving into the next version so quickly as most of our efforts are currently on improving the community but my vision is that our next release would play nicely with the current Eets.

As I say I really like this community so if we do come out with something I'd like it to not only give you great new things to do but add value to what you already have!

I know it's vague but even I don't know what will happen yet. I just know it'll be good ,)

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: