Lillarion
49 750
201 845
Lillarion
   "Puzzle Optimiser"
Posted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 9:21 am
I have just witnessed that the exact same setup might ocasionaly yeald different results, even without interaction. When something goes wrong (goes the non standard way) that makes the resulting replay invalid. It produces a replay which just stops, without Eets dying, or reaching the goal.

There are some posted replays like this, and if you have time you might want to look into it.

molkmizzle
9 50
2 162
molkmizzle
   "Pants Pirate"
Posted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:17 am
I guess that happens when the creator and the viewer of the replay have different versions of the game.

Lillarion
49 750
201 845
Lillarion
   "Puzzle Optimiser"
Posted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:10 am
Not at all. I played Marshmallow Cannon placing a tilted ejection cart. The cart would stay tilted, and Eets would walk into it. One time, however, without me moving anything, the cart fell. Then I managed to reach the goal. I pressed instant replay, and was presented with a replay which just stopped, and the replay showed a cart which remained tilted (as it should have been, but wasn't). Very odd.

miracle monkey
7 35
17 204
miracle monkey
   "I don't have any answers. I just ask questions."
Posted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:18 am
Not that odd that the replay would do that. I believe (but am not sure obviously) that the replay stores starting configurations and I guess click events or something similar rather than a video of the action to save space and fit in with the rest of the code better. Given that the anomoly is the cart falling, it is unlikely the cart will fall in the replay /most/ of the time until the anomoly appears again.
Definitely something to look into, but not necessarily a replay problem.

Lillarion
49 750
201 845
Lillarion
   "Puzzle Optimiser"
Posted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:24 pm
That sounds reasonable. Good to hear a word from you again, mm Sneezy Sow

miracle monkey
7 35
17 204
miracle monkey
   "I don't have any answers. I just ask questions."
Posted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:29 pm
My life has been hectic recently - moving, looking for work, other misc. appointments. I have been checking the website at least once a day though.

BigFoot
47 129
9 396
BigFoot
   "Professional Eets Player"
Posted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:27 pm
miracle monkey wrote:
My life has been hectic recently - moving, looking for work, other misc. appointments. I have been checking the website at least once a day though.

I ditto his comment. Stuff at Klei has really picked up, with us launching on other major portals, and also on our next unannounced project, I always find time to read everything on the site, but I don't always have the time to reply.

Sorry if I've been a bit of a stranger lately! Scared Marsh Bud

molkmizzle
9 50
2 162
molkmizzle
   "Pants Pirate"
Posted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:25 am
A new project? I can't wait to see it!

Speaking of a lack of time, I'm busy as well with a flash game for a contest that ends september 30 and we don't have much done yet. Confused

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: